Wednesday, March 31, 2010






Hi, this is my Spring travel bag.I chose a Burlap looped edge wired ribbon in natural, 1" Grosgrain Ric Rac in orange, 1.5" Twill in turquoise, and 1" Faux Suede leaves in brown.
I loved matching Spring fabric with the Beautiful ribbon from Maya Arts. I made a sturdy travel bag to carry everywhere from summer to fall. I used the ribbon not only to embellish (love how my flowers turned out!) but as binding to dress up the exterior seams. This all purpose bag has lots of pockets to carry magazines, books, water bottles, a phone, and of course my goodies from my shopping trips. I also made a mat, for a seat cover, that fits easily in a side pocket, and for impromptu picnics. I used a Dept. store bag as my pattern for the right fit. I can carry this and not only be green but be colorful and super cute all season!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun project...have to admit I thought it was a diaper bag at first glance. I'm a novice sewer though I've owned a machine for years; lately I've been itching to do something but not sure what. This looks a bit above my skills but might just attempt it...always need a pool bag and this looks perfect for that. Beautiful bag!

    ReplyDelete